About the position:
Remote Sensing Software Engineer will be involved in software design, implementation and testing for image and data processing for remote sensing applications, including database design and integration. Excellent communication skills are required as it may be necessary to author technical reports as well as interface with and present the technology to clients.
• Degree (Bachelor’s or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study
• Programming experience using C/C++ (C#, Java would also be beneficial)
• In-depth knowledge and experience of data structures
• Hands-on experience with multi-threaded and/or parallel programming
• Solid knowledge and understanding of database development, including database configuration and optimization for efficient data storage and query
• Experience in software testing and QA
• Knowledge and experience in developing image processing algorithms an asset, especially in 3D image processing with high resolution DEMs to render the scene in three dimensions for visualization and analysis
• Proven technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Authorized to work in Canada and in United Arab Emirates.