About AUG Signals: AUG Signals was established in 1986 and is a research oriented company focused on the development of advanced Signal, Image and Data Processing (SIDP) algorithms. The company is at the forefront of research and development in several areas including: image registration, detection and recognition, multi-sensor fusion and intelligent situation assessment. The company provides services in data collection, processing, analysis and delivery, working with data from satellites, airborne, and ground sensors. These technologies are applied to a variety of fields, including: defence and security, transportation, resource exploration, and environmental monitoring.
About the position: Signal Processing Research Engineer will be involved in leading edge research and development of data processing algorithms (radar, image and/or other sensors) for various applications, including algorithm design, implementation and testing. Excellent communication skills are required as it may be necessary to author technical reports and present the technology to clients.
• Post-graduate degree (Master’s or higher) in Electrical Engineering, or related field of study
• Solid knowledge and understanding of signal processing techniques and concepts
• 3+ years’ experience with target detection and tracking techniques, including Constant False Alarm Rate (CFAR) detection, Kalman filtering, measurement-to-track data association, and track fusion
• 1+ year hands-on experience with radar processing (sonar, video data processing experience would also be of interest)
• Programming experience using MATLAB, C/C++ (C#, ENVI/IDL would also be beneficial)
• Proven technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Work location/Company office:
A.U.G. Signals Ltd.
73 Richmond St. W, Suite 103, Toronto, ON – M5H 4E8