About the Position
Founded in 1986, A.U.G. Signals Ltd. (AUG) has been dedicated to excellence in signal, image and data processing for over three decades. AUG provides superior solutions in signal, image and data processing (e.g. detection, recognition, tracking) for applications primarily in:
- Safety, Security & Surveillance
- Air/Water Quality Monitoring
- Earth Observation
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
As a Marketing and Proposal Specialist at AUG, you will be responsible for:
- Proposal writing, strategy, and development for a variety of services and business sectors, including defense & security, intelligent transportation systems, remote sensing and environmental monitoring.
- Manage the proposal process from start-to-finish to ensure a top-quality, competitive and winning response to comprehensive proposals and related documents.
- Work closely with our technical staff and leadership to create compelling messages that convey AUG’s strengths to set us apart.
- Communicate with external parties for proposals/projects, partners and clients.
- Coordinate conferences and tradeshows, community engagement, advertising, and general collateral and communications development.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating necessary project related communication including meetings and provide administrative support to the PM.
- Play a key role in producing consolidated reports to the PM, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
You want to work for an SME that dreams big and thinks out of the box. You are driven and think work is more than just a job. You enjoy being surrounded by creative and fun-loving people who are passionate about their work. You are motivated and thrive on solving challenging problems. Lastly, you have some form of higher education and common sense to support it.
- Diploma or degree (writing, business, marketing or communications) coupled with a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience preferably working in a relevant proposal writing and/or marketing, communications role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Experience preparing responses to RFP/RFIs, customized pitch writings and presentations
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to effectively deliver quality work with a sense of urgency and a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Good judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Stellar client service skills along with the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external parties
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks